What if I eat sesame seeds
Sesame - kidney and liver tonic in traditional Chinese medicine
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), sesame is assigned the sweet taste and has a neutral temperature behavior. Thus, it is also one of the foods that strengthen the middle (digestive system) - in this case with a nourishing, strengthening and intestinal moisturizing effect.
A well-functioning center is, in turn, the prerequisite for the kidney energies not having to be used more than necessary and actually being relieved.
In TCM, sesame is also often used after illness and childbirth, for anemia and weakness, and for milk production in breastfeeding mothers.
In the following recipes you will find out how you can use the sesame in a tasty and varied way.
Recipes with sesame seeds
Of course, you can use the sesame in well-tried recipes such as bread, crackers, pastries, mueslis, crunchies, muesli bars, energy balls and much more.
We have put together some lesser-known ideas for you below. Have fun with our delicious and extremely healthy sesame recipes!
Sesame milk for two
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 500 ml of water
- 6 pitted dried dates (or more or less - depending on your taste)
- 1 banana
Put the sesame seeds and water in a high speed mixer and blend for 1 minute on high. You can then pour the resulting milk through a press cloth / straining cloth or a fine sieve, if you like it with a fine consistency.
Then put the strained milk back into the blender and add the remaining ingredients. Mix for another minute and the sesame milk is ready.
If you like the milk unscreened, you can put all the ingredients together in the mixer right at the beginning and mix for 1 - 2 minutes.
- 125 g sour cream butter (take out of the refrigerator in good time so that it is no longer so firm)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- Rose peppers
- Rock salt
Stir the butter until soft and gently toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan until they are fragrant. Then peel and squeeze the garlic and stir it into the butter along with the sesame seeds. Finally, taste with a little salt and rose paprika. (The sesame can also be used unroasted, which only reduces the aroma.)
Eggplant salad with sesame sauce
- 1 eggplant
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame paste (tahini)
- 1 tbsp warm water
- Rock salt, 1-2 tbsp rice vinegar
Wash the aubergine and cut it lengthways into approx. 2 cm thick strips, which you then halve again lengthways. Put the strips in the sieve insert of a saucepan and steam them with the lid closed until they are soft. Let the eggplant strips cool down.
For the sauce, peel and squeeze the garlic and mix it with the other ingredients to a smooth sauce. Pour the sauce on the cooled eggplants and mix everything well.
This dish is suitable as a fine starter or as a side dish for the warm season.
- 70 g wholemeal spelled flour
- 90 ml still water
- ½ teaspoon rock salt
- 40 g light sesame seeds
- 40 g dark sesame seeds
- 200 g plain tofu
- Ghee for frying
Mix the flour, water and salt with a whisk until creamy. Put this breading in a shallow bowl. Put the light and dark sesame seeds together in a second shallow bowl.
Cut the tofu into thin slices and heat the ghee in a pan.
Pull the tofu slices through the flour batter, then gently toss them in sesame seeds. Fry the tofu slices over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side and let the slices drain briefly on kitchen paper.
These tofu slices are ideal as a protein accompaniment to vegetables and grains. You can also use them as a meat substitute for a burger or eat them with a salad.
Sesame and walnut paste for rough hands
- 15 g light sesame seeds
- 30 g walnut kernels
- 20 g honey
Carefully toast the sesame and walnut kernels separately from each other in the pan while stirring until it smells fragrant. Then grind both very finely in the food processor or in a mortar and stir the mixture with the honey into a paste. Brush your hands, which you should have washed beforehand with lukewarm water, with it once a day and let the paste work for a while. Then wash the paste off with water.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Wichitsranoi J, Weerapreeyakul N, Boonsiri P, Settasatian C, Settasatian N, Komanasin N, Sirijaichingkul S, Teerajetgul Y, Rangkadilok N, Leelayuwat N, "Antihypertensive and antioxidant effects of dietary black sesame meal in pre-hypertensive humans." Nutr J. 2011 Aug 9; 10:82. doi: 10.1186 / 1475-2891-10-82, (antihypertensive and antioxidant effects of black sesame flour in people with hypertension)
- Miyawaki T, Aono H, Toyoda-Ono Y, Maeda H, Kiso Y, Moriyama K. "Antihypertensive effects of sesamin in humans." J Nutr. Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2009 Feb; 55 (1): 87-91, (antihypertensive effects of sesamin in humans)
- Eftekhar Sadat B, Khadem Haghighian M, Alipoor B, Malek Mahdavi A, Asghari Jafarabadi M, Moghaddam A., "Effects of sesame seed supplementation on clinical signs and symptoms in patients with knee osteoarthritis." Int J Rheum Dis. 2013 Oct; 16 (5): 578-82. Doi: 10.1111 / 1756-185X.12133. Epub 2013 Jun 20. (Effects of a dietary supplement with sesame seeds on clinical signs and symptoms of patients with knee osteoarthritis)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How can a Christian lose his faith
- Which ingredients make sour sweets sour?
- What does IA stand for according to LGBTQ
- What software is used for the HVAC
- Is Express is a high-end clothing brand
- Is Sunrisers Hyderabad a one man army
- Is sugar a connection and why
- What is ballroom dancing
- The insurance sector is a good career
- What do you think of Indian fashion
- What's the hardest major ever
- What is Delhi NCR
- Why did Ford start producing tractor units
- How exciting is fire protection technology
- White feminists also have white privileges
- Is procrastination just laziness or something deeper
- When are our stomachs most angry?
- How expensive is Warsaw
- Who are the enemies of Lebanon
- How can smoking cause impotence
- Why is German health insurance so expensive
- What are some nursing interventions for tachycardia
- How is this free online accredited university
- What is the best board game table
- Who is Major Dhyan Chand
- Why do I feel very discouraged
- How was Cuba before communism
- When did the FDR complete its first term of office?
- How can Christianity and Islam coexist peacefully
- How do you wear tights as pants
- Should people get divorced more
- Is cosplay costume illegal
- Are you calm today
- Why was the Qing Dynasty overthrown