Is entropy relative
Next:Sufficiency and the monotonic likelihood quotient Up:Consistently best tests Previous:Lemma of Neyman-Pearson & nbsp Contents
Consistency and Relative Entropy
- We look again at the hypotheses or.for any two but predefined parameter values With .
- For the sake of simplicity, we assume that the distributions are absolutely continuous and that the densities of are positive everywhere.
- It follows in particular that
- We look again at the hypotheses
The following limit theorem is used in the literature Lemma of Stein named (in honor of Charles Stein, Professor Emeritus in Statistics, Stanford University, USA)
Theorem 4.3 Be . For each sample size be a Neyman-Pearson test with . Then applies
- We use similar considerations as in the proof of Theorem 2.10.
- Be and
in which is the likelihood quotient defined in (28).
- Then applies , and
- according to Theorem 4.2 there are constants and , so that for the Neyman-Pearson tests With
- We first show that
- From (50) it follows that and so too if .
- This results in the validity of the inequalities or.
- Thus, in order to prove (51) it suffices to show that it is for every a natural number there so that for each .
- But this follows from the fact that for each andfor each , where the last convergence results from (49) and from the strong law of large numbers, see the proof of Theorem 2.10.
- To end the proof, let us show that
- Here we can o.B.d.A. assume that .
- For each then applies
for each sufficiently large , where the last inequality results from the strong law of large numbers (cf. Theorem WR-5.15), because under .
- It follows that
- This proves (52).
- Normally distributed sample variables
Next:Sufficiency and the monotonic likelihood quotient Up:Consistently best tests Previous:Lemma of Neyman-Pearson & nbsp Contents Roland Maier 2003-03-06
- What are some 1980s fashion tips
- Are the McDonalds in Europe really organic?
- People with Asperger's fall in love
- Are Australians considered to be Southeast Asian or Australian
- How do I choose yoga clothes
- How can fashion jewelry sellers sell internationally
- How many hours do MBBS students have to study
- Where can I order a custom mask
- Is Argentina better than Malaysia
- Why is Germany richer than Russia?
- Think IQ tests are accurate
- What is the CAA Act of India
- Is Singapore a patriarchal or matriarchal society
- I can dream clearly during the day
- What would happen if ISIS killed Putin?
- TOP MOST TOURIST PLACES IN INDIA
- What is the best stress reliever
- Which company has the worst customers
- How can cricketers stand with protective goggles
- There are free movies on Netflix
- How can I buy paper share certificates
- What tools do astrologers use to predict
- Is XNET Limited a real company
- Is Lebanon a democracy