Is the KU Leuven a renowned university
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
The university today
The KU Leuven is one of the most renowned universities in the world. According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015/2016, KU Leuven is in 35th place worldwide. 58,653 students studied at the Catholic University of Leuven in the 2019/2020 academic year, 16% of them are foreign students. The university has 18,600 employees, has an area of 1,000,000 m² and 26,500 rooms. There are a total of 16 faculties in Leuven:
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Canon Law
- Philosophical Faculty
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Philological Faculty
- Faculty of Psychology and Education
- Medical school
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Bioengineering
- Faculty of Industrial Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture
The largest and oldest campus is in Leuven. The university also offers courses in Kortrijk, Antwerp, Gent, Bruges, Ostend, Diepenbeek, Geel, Sint-Katelijne-Waver, Aalst and in Brussels.
After the division, the following rectors headed the Catholic University of Leuven:
- In more detail: List of alumni of the Catholic University of Leuven
- Georges Lemaître, founder of the big bang theory
- Joan Daemen, cryptologist, one of the developers of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Vincent Rijmen, cryptologist, one of the developers of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Gustavo Gutiérrez, co-founder and namesake of liberation theology
- Otto von Habsburg, publicist, politician and writer
- Affonso Felippe Gregory, Bishop of Imperatriz, President of Caritas International 1991–1998
- Emile van Dievoet, lawyer, campaigner for the rights of the Flemish, Minister
- Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council
- Koen Lenaerts, President of the European Court of Justice
- Denis Valentin: The Catholic University of Leuven: 1425–1958. Lions 1958.
- De Universiteit te Leuven. Universitaire Pers Leuven, Leuven 1976, ISBN 90-6186-034-2.
- Jo Tollebeek, Liesbet Nys: De stad op de berg: a divorced van de Leuvense Universiteit is 1968. Universitaire Pers Leuven, Leuven 2005, ISBN 90-5867-479-7.
- Chris Coppens, Mark Derez: University Library Leuven 1425–2000. Universitaire Pers Leuven, Leuven 2005, ISBN 90-5867-466-5.
- Richard Mathes: Lions and rome. On the foundation of the Catholic University of Leuven with special consideration of the church and educational policy of Pope Gregory XVI (= Contributions to the recent history of Catholic theology, Volume 18), Ludgerus-Verlag Wingen, Essen 1975. ISBN 3-87497-119-8 (Dissertation University of Bonn, Catholic-Theological Faculty, , 298 pages).
- Andrea-Isa Moews: Elites for Latin America: Latin American students at Leuven University in the 1950s and 1960s, Böhlau, Cologne / Weimar / Vienna 2002, ISBN 3-412-06200-6 (dissertation University of Hamburg 2001, 421 pages).
- ↑KUL. Retrieved August 4, 2019.
- ↑ abAcademiejaar 2019-2020: 58,653 students (toestand op 06/01/2020), accessed on January 7, 2020.
- ↑ abFeiten en cijfers (last accessed: May 31, 2015)
- ↑Members. In: www.fiuc.org. International Federation of Catholic Universities, accessed September 29, 2019.
- ↑ "Opdrachtverklaring"
- ↑World University Rankings 2015–2016. Times Higher Education (THE). September 30, 2015. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- ↑Aantal international students (toestand op 06/01/2020), accessed on January 7, 2020.
- ↑ abLudo Meyvis: Little divorced from het Leuvense eredoctoraat, January 31, 2012, accessed January 9, 2020.
- ↑ Leuvense eredoctoraat 1966-2013: kuleuven.be
- ↑ "Het erfelijke eredoctoraat van de prins", NewScientist, January 23, 2002
- ↑ "250 KUL-wetenschappers tegen eredoctoraat Prins Filip", De Standaard, February 1, 2002.
- ^ "Eredoctor Filip uitgejouwd", De Telegraaf, February 5, 2002.
- ↑ Honorary doctorate for Chancellor Angela Merkel: “Europe is each and every one of us”, http://www.kuleuven.be
50.8778555555564.7006444444444 Coordinates: 50 ° 52 ′ 40.3 ″ N, 4 ° 42 ′ 2.3 ″ E
- What percentage of atheists die as atheists
- Is Australia more racist than Canada
- How to do a natural vibrato
- What exactly does Webpack do
- Who wrote the Bhagavad Gita 1
- How does the emergency number 100 work
- How do I add taxes in Canada?
- Are Givson guitars bad
- Who is more powerful than Thanos or Dormammu
- Gautama Buddha is a Hindu god
- Why is Greece a developed country
- Why Use Multi Cleaning Product Suppliers
- How does the French government work
- How does Google conduct user research
- What is the separation of concrete
- Which is more important ethics or morals
- What is it like to be married?
- Why do I hate men today
- What were your impressions of a visit to Canada
- Filipino girls are hard to come by
- What is albendazolum
- MFA programs for creative writing are worthwhile
- How can you understand opera performances
- How do I confirm my crossing