How do I grill chicken
Make grilled chicken yourself - instructions, tips and tricks
Ingredients of the grill recipe
- Grilled Chicken (Kikok Chicken)
- Chicken seasoning
- a bottle of beer
- Brine to pickle the chicken
Duration: 60 - 90 minutes
Persons: 2 - 4
Nutritional value per 100g
Energy value: 976 kJ / 233 kcal
Carbohydrates: 0 g
Protein: 27.9 g
Fat: 10 g
In this article, we'll show you how to grill your own grilled chicken yourself and, above all, what tricks there are. The hard-working readers only recently saw our Beer Can Chicken, this time very similar but different. This grilled chicken is refined primarily with a sprayed liquid marinade. Read it yourself!
Trick for a particularly juicy grilled chicken like from the chicken cart
You've probably bought and eaten a grilled chicken from the chicken cart before. Most of the time the chickens are heavily seasoned, super juicy and have a crispy skin. Above all, one notices that the deeper meat is still pleasantly seasoned. But how does it work? We found the answer. The trick of the chicken carts is in the way it is seasoned. The chickens are placed in a brine for a good 12-24 hours before grilling. It's a kind of seasoned brine. The brine or brine should have a salt content of 5 - 6%. In other words, there are around 50 - 60 g of salt for 1 liter of water. The brine then contains additional spices such as juniper, mustard seed, allspice or the like. The meat in the deeper regions is also seasoned through bio-chemical processes such as osmosis. In addition, the proteins bind additional liquid so that the chicken remains significantly juicier. If you would like to test a brine, we recommend the Grate Goods Brine No. 1, for example.
The chicken should lie in the brine for about 12-24 hours
Preparation: Grilled chicken like from the chicken cart WITH rotisserie
- Take the chicken out of the brine, rinse briefly and pat the inside and outside. Season on the outside with a delicious blend of spices such as #BBQ.
- ATTENTION: If the spice mixture contains sugar, it will caramelize when grilled and tend to be very dark. It doesn't matter, you should just know.
- Place the chicken on the rotisserie and let it rotate at approx. 180 - 200 ° C for approx. 1 - 1 1/2 hours. With a charcoal grill, it is important that the embers are not under the chicken, but to the side of it.
- Just like with a gas grill, you have radiant heat and convective heat, i.e. circulating air or indirect heat. In the last half hour you can increase the temperature again if your skin is still pale and soft.
- Carefully pull the finished grilled chicken off the skewer and cut it to size. Poultry shears can be used for this. Good Appetite!
The grilled chicken turns for a good 1 - 1 1/2 hours
Our conclusion on the grilled chicken from the brine:
The pickled chicken actually turns out to be extremely juicy. Of course, we also bought a corn poulard of a particularly good quality, which is inherently juicier than a “cheap” chicken. Nevertheless, the brine makes for a particularly juicy and, above all, thoroughly seasoned chicken. This is definitely the chicken cart trick. If you've never done this before, you should definitely try it now, the extra effort is worth it!
Preparation: Make grilled chicken yourself WITHOUT a rotisserie
This Kikok chicken now wants to be processed
Preheat the grill to 180 - 200 ° C indirect heat. Ideally, you should place a drip tray in the indirect area below your grate to catch the fat. Alternatively, you can also take the Swedish dish with the grate and place the grilled chicken on it.
- First cut away the fat flaps at the base of the neck and the underbelly of the chicken. These are neither crispy nor tasty, so get rid of them. Now take a bowl and fill it with about 100 ml of beer and two tablespoons of spice mixture. Mix it well and sieve the coarse particles out of the liquid. The spiced beer can now be injected into the chicken using the marinating syringe on the thighs and breast meat.
Splashed, seasoned and straightened - off to the grill
Now take the spice mixture to hand and rub the inside and outside of your grilled chicken vigorously with the spice. If the spices don't stick properly, a little olive oil will help. Now fill your chicken holder with enough beer and place the grilled chicken on it. Make sure that it sits firmly and comfortably.
- Now the chicken is placed in the indirect area of the grill above the drip tray. It will sit here for the next 60 - 90 minutes, until the skin is finally well tanned and nice and crispy. The core temperature can be checked with the help of a penetration thermometer. From 75 ° C the chicken is definitely done.
- Finally, it should be said that the marinating syringe is really useful, as the meat is much more flavorful due to the spice injection, while without an injection, usually only the skin tastes really tasty. In addition, it is advisable to spray the grilled chicken a few hours before grilling and let it steep in the refrigerator. This allows it to distribute the liquid better. Good Appetite.
- This Kikok chicken now wants to be processed
- Splashed, seasoned and straightened - off to the grill
- The grilled chicken is ready!
Our conclusion on grilled chicken without a rotisserie:
Grilling a grilled chicken yourself is definitely not a difficult task. Everyone who believed it should now be convinced that it is very easy. The marinating syringe or the injected liquid marinade is an absolute hit! The chicken tastes extremely tasty and well-seasoned even without the skin. Of course, the crispy skin was probably the best thing about the whole grilled chicken with this variant too. The chicken holder can of course also be filled with cola or apple juice, for example. A Calvadoss liquid marinade would go perfectly with this. Just try it!
back to the home page
- How do I clean my suede sneakers
- How do people with Asperger's Syndrome study
- What does being beautiful really mean?
- What do you dislike about Hinduism
- Who is the richest Bollywood singer
- How lazy people achieve their dreams
- Why is it important to have parents?
- What kind of personality did Chanakya have
- How much does tungsten cost
- What kind of guy do girls like
- Who is Real Madrid's cheapest player
- Is obscenity protected by the first change
- Which Ayurvedic medicine is best for piles
- What makes cotton absorb sound
- What do you think of Fashionova
- How much do Jamaicans work
- Why are most gemstones hard
- Can Muslims obscure Sikhism
- How accurate are the Dynasty Warriors games
- Sex offenders should have tougher punishment
- How did your last car accident happen
- Did my ex boyfriend abuse me
- How can i invest 3k
- Can a foreigner buy a Thailand lottery?