Why did Dr. Ambedkar with Gandhiji
Gandhi and Ambedkar: The "Saint of the Status Quo" and the Dalit Professor
Understanding India pp 217-238 | Cite as
- Timothy Schlegel
These are the theses of the program "ttt - titel, thesen, temperamente", which was broadcast on December 15, 2014 on ARD. Under the title “End of a Myth?” “The other face of the global idol for nonviolent resistance” was shown. The theses on which the ARD referred come from Arundhati Roy, 2 who in her essay "The Doctor and the Saint" deals critically with the thought, life and work of Gandhi. Your criticism is in stark contrast to the widespread ideas of the person, the effect and the thinking of Gandhi. Her essay appeared as a foreword to “Annihilation of Caste”, 3 written by the social reformer, politician and later Minister of Justice B. R Ambedkar. The second edition of the book, which forms the basis for the version published in 2014, was published in 1937.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.University of FreiburgFreiburg im BreisgauGermany
- What is the history of the Jews
- What are 5 examples of non-porous materials
- Are multivitamins actually good for you?
- Swarovski crystals look like diamonds
- Who is the Highest Paid WWE Superstar
- Are there still people who make steampunk inventions
- Why is Chelsea FC selling Matic
- How can you get over work at McDonalds
- What are TU9 universities in Germany
- How big is the Alibaba
- Which governments are most likely to use propaganda?
- What are the dropshipping companies in India
- What are some of the criticisms of techwear
- How can we be pathetic
- What if the Allies never won World War II?
- How does Putin see France
- What is the Dalit Caste in Tamilnadu
- What are the Jewish majority countries
- Is Jennifer Lawrence trained
- How can I motivate digital marketing
- Which Small Business Software Is Best
- Was Jesus white or Arabic
- Is Lebanon a democracy
- Why were slaves needed?