Medical school is stressful
Of baptisms by fire and young kings
Although in the hospitals you will often see how stressful the medical profession can be in the practice ...
That's true. It is particularly problematic when students come into contact with colleagues on the ward who tend to have unhealthy mechanisms for dealing with stress and, for example, still come to work even with a bad cold. That is a huge deterrent for many. With our elective "Health and Wellbeing for Medical Students and Doctors", we therefore try to prepare the next generation during their studies for how they can deal more constructively with the stresses and strains of everyday medical practice.
What role do rituals actually play in the course of study, for example do they promote community experiences among students?
Rituals provide structure, which is why they help you cope better with stress. For example, we always have festive events together in an old town church, which is well received. Active mentor groups also prove themselves, because the students experience that they are not alone with many of their questions and that one can help one another. They prefer to organize many community activities themselves anyway, for example the city rally for freshmen. Sometimes things get pretty wild when it comes to alcohol - but as long as it doesn't lead to problematic drinking habits in the long term, that's part of it.
What are the best moments in your studies for you? Until December 8th you still have the chance to take part in our competition "Your best moment" and win 5,000 euros. Budding dentists, veterinarians and psychologists are also cordially invited to post their personal highlights from their studies.
- Which is simple architecture or engineering
- Can a vegetarian tourist survive in Dubai
- What do you think of Telkom University
- What is streetwear fashion
- OK is an abbreviation or a word
- When should I stay home from school?
- What about the 3rd year MBBS
- Work well under pressure
- Was there ever a superior human race
- I'm 18, I'm a millennial
- Bangladesh is more developed than Vietnam
- What is the use of a printer
- Are you a girl or a boy
- How do you fix a flame sensor
- Who should join freelance websites
- Why aren't good people great
- What is a burqa in English
- People leave engineering after the first year
- Can an NHS paramedic work in Australia
- How rich is Balaji Viswanathan
- How did you get over the procrastination?
- Are Balenciaga shoes of good quality
- What are some common problems that cyclists face
- Why do so many Iranians hate Pakistan
- What do libraries do with damaged books
- How healthy is a grilled chicken diet
- Where are the real American patriots
- Which is the cheapest transportation
- Which solvents dissolve nylon?
- What is considered high myopia
- Are cabbage rolls gluten-free
- Is AFL better than rugby
- Wear what colors women can wear