The manual check dies
If you drive a car sportily, you change gear yourself. Cars with automatic transmissions are for those who don't know how to play with clutch and gas. This was the popular opinion until a few years ago.
But today the picture is completely different. According to AutoScout24, last year only one in five new cars in Switzerland was delivered with a clutch pedal and manual gearbox. "The reasons for this are the significant improvements in automatic transmissions in terms of shift and fuel efficiency and the increased need for safety on the part of drivers," says Maurice Acker, Sales Director at AutoScout24.
Automatic shifts more efficiently
"Modern automatic transmissions are programmed in such a way that they are always in the most efficient gear, thus significantly optimizing fuel consumption and emissions," explains Acker. Automatic or automated transmissions now have up to ten stages and are electronically linked to numerous driver assistants. These safety assistants only work in cars with automatic or automated transmissions. In electric cars, the power is always transmitted via a single gearbox or a two-speed automatic.
In the past, automatic shifting aids were neither economical nor fast - and therefore frowned upon by ambitious drivers in particular. Today even the former world rally champion Walter Röhrl admits that he shifts hardly faster and certainly not more efficiently than a modern automatic transmission. The former racing professional mentions another, important argument in favor of the automatic transmission: "Who wants to keep stepping on the clutch pedal with all the traffic jams on our streets today!"
Different picture for second-hand vehicles
But if you still don't want to do without a manual switch and have a wide range of products, you can buy a classic car (seven out of ten vehicles are equipped with manual transmissions) or a normal used car. In contrast to new cars, clutches and gearshift levers are twice as often on offer as automatic transmissions.
- What are some common fashion mistakes
- Have a borderline personality disorder
- What are the reasons for transferring money?
- Bitcoin will hit 12,000 today
- What does an ever closer union really mean?
- Why should I be a minimalist
- Can you change your ssb data
- Is Argentina better than Malaysia
- What is movement
- Why do I like physically hurting people
- Would you go to the pub naked
- Is it wise to trust people
- Do you respect women
- Why are schools so obsessed with participation
- What do movies do wrong with math?
- Are men and women really different
- Who destroyed your dreams
- Could the US become a police state?
- Do you think CNN is wrong news
- How are you unique?
- Is really unhappy
- Why did Alan Turing commit suicide
- What is your longest record of
- How often do you sleep 12 hours
- How to get to Andorra
- Is it possible to improve your own personality?
- Why don't some people do their job
- Are Commonwealth Realms sovereign countries
- Which banks immediately give debit cards
- Are there color pictures of Hitler
- Leftists were sad that communism had fallen
- Should I go out with a younger woman?
- How can you become a corporate coach
- Who is a true patriot