How deep can a swimming pool be
Bathing is a lot of fun while standing. At least that's true for most of them children. Because while standing, even the youngest can throw balls or spray with a water pistol without having to stay afloat. Many many Adults on the other hand, they want deeper water to be able to swim better and not to freeze on the upper body. So what is the optimal water depth?
Height plus 30 centimeters
For young non-swimmers, the water should ideally only up to the chest pass. It should be noted that under unfavorable circumstances small children can even drown in very shallow water (in which they could basically stand). Supervision by adults is therefore necessary despite the shallow water.
The rule of thumb is to add at least 30 centimeters to your height. In this way, your mouth and nose stay above the surface of the water without any great effort and great bathing fun is guaranteed. Taking into account the average height of children, a paddling pool with a water depth of no more than 60 centimeters is advisable for three-year-olds. Six-year-old schoolchildren feel particularly comfortable up to a depth of 85 centimeters, while from the age of eight, around one meter is ideal.
Water depth at the hotel pool - own photo
Pool and swimming pool depth
If you want to buy a pool yourself, you often have the choice between 120 and 150 centimeters deep. However, if the pool has a surface vacuum cleaner (skimmer) to keep the water clean, a few centimeters of the maximum possible fill level are lost. Parents of younger school children should therefore definitely take the 120 centimeter version - and can hope to be able to use the pool with the whole family for a few more years.
Adults usually feel much more comfortable in a pool with a depth of 150 centimeters.
In public swimming pools, the pools often have variable water depths in order to meet the needs of as many visitors as possible. Designated non-swimmer pools should be no more than 135 centimeters deep. In the case of greater water depths, however, swimming skills are required. Here the adults can swim their laps - and don't have to fear a collision with the bottom of the swimming pool.
- What are the Most Profitable Bookstores Online
- Who is the highest paid television star
- How do you squeeze someone's ego
- What is the worst hotel in Johannesburg
- What causes emotionally unavailable men
- Why can't I respect women
- Is there a European privilege in New Zealand?
- Why do Australians have weak family values
- What is the biggest problem in politics
- Why are many vegetarians overweight
- Why did India turn to the ICAO
- Where is gold mined
- Which country has the most overseas territories
- An IQ score of 109 is good
- Do tights look good on guys
- Which has more density liquid or solid
- Where do you live in India
- Which healthcare startups have subscription earnings models
- What makes your today better than yesterday
- Is the WalkAway movement real
- Should I be an anesthetist?
- Are Tamils Conservative Why
- Which prison is considered the toughest prison?
- What is blastodisc
- High neuroticism predicts jaw clenching
- Men should wear toe rings
- Is Donald Trump racist towards Indians
- How can you treat a smegma infection
- Why do people like nervousness
- How to use bronzer makeup
- Who called Earth Why Earth
- How do gold and yellow gold differ?
- Why do we say the national anthem
- What are some examples of Sproedes material