Why is Turkish Airlines so cheap
Find flights with Turkish Airlines and numerous other airlines
Turkish Airlines currently has 131 aircraft (as of August 6, 2009). The fleet consists of different Airbus and Boeing types. The airline owns 65 Boeing aircraft and 62 Airbus planes as well as 4 A310 cargo planes.
Turkish Airlines was founded in May 1933 under the name Turkiye Devlet Hava Yollari (DHY). The first scheduled flight was from Istanbul to Ankara. After the Second World War, DHY bought several Douglas DC-3s, later followed by some De Havilland D.H.114 Heron 2Bs.
In 1956 there was a restructuring, with the Turkish state taking over the largest share in the company. In the course of this restructuring, the Turkish airline was given its current name. In July 1957 aircraft from the manufacturer Vickers Viscount were ordered. This type was not used on European routes until 1964 and flew to Brussels, among other places. The airline entered the jet age with a Douglas DC-9-14 in 1967.
Turkish Airlines recently ordered seven Airbus A310s. Four of them were delivered in 1985 and replaced the Boeing 707 and Boeing 727 on regional routes. In 1993, Turkish Airlines offered first class flights in an Airbus A 340-300 for the first time. In the following years the company expanded and responded to the increased competition from the so-called low-cost airlines by founding the subsidiary AnadoluJet, which is used on domestic routes.
The route network covers all continents except Australia and South America, with the most frequent destinations being in Europe and Asia. In North America, New York and Chicago are among others.
The hubs of Turkish Airlines are the two Istanbul airports Ataturk International on the European side and Sabiha Gökcen on the Asian continent, other important airports are Adnan Menderes Airport in Izmir and Esenboga Int. Airport in the capital Ankara.
- What is it like to overcome PTSD?
- Why do hunters stop hunting
- What are the best Firefox plugins
- What is the oldest monarchy in Europe
- What's the worst part of death
- How do RNA and DNA viruses differ?
- What is the abbreviation for lieutenant
- Which insurance company offers laptop theft insurance?
- Can saffron be grown in the United States
- How do I learn corporate law
- Why did the thirteen colonies declare their independence?
- What is the advantage of federalism
- When and how does salt water freeze
- What ruined your dreams
- What are words that rhyme with the visor
- What does bank mean?
- What is the fastest way to get relief from gout
- How fast can you swim
- Antifa behaves like fascists
- Is it unsafe to move to America?
- Why do you still work at McDonalds
- What's wrong with living in the US
- My male co-worker likes me
- Why are minimalist watches becoming more popular