What use is alexandrite
The name of this stone goes back to the Russian Tsar Alexander II (1818-1881), one of whose favorite stones he was.
It is particularly interesting because it appears beautifully green in daylight and purple in artificial light. That is why it is said of it that it is an emerald by day and like an amethyst in the evening. This interesting phenomenon is caused by the absorption of some colors in the light spectrum. Alexandrite cat eyes are also known.
Alexandrite originates tertiary in chromium-containing mica schists. It forms during metamorphosis in the contact zone between two rocks, one of which supplies the minerals aluminum and beryllium, the other the necessary chromium.
Due to the rarity of these conditions, alexandrite also remains a rare mineral.
Beautiful light yellow, completely transparent crystals can be found e.g. at Lake Alaotra in Madagascar and very dark alexandrite crystals with a size of up to 2 cm in Zimbabwe. The most famous European site is in Marsíkov near Sobotín in Moravia.
The largest and most beautiful group of alexandrite crystals was found in the Urals. It is a druse with 22 crystals and a weight of 5 kg
Alexandrite forms thick-tabular rhombic crystals and interpenetrating triplets, the crystals of which intersect exactly at an angle of 60 °. Single crystals and triplets have always grown into the mica slate.
Since alexandrite is an expensive gemstone, there are quite a few fakes on the market. Above all, cut stones are often imitated by synthetic corundum (sapphire), synthetic spinel or doublets made of glass and garnet. Synthetic alexandrite itself is also on the market. In all cases, the differentiation is only possible through mineralogical-gemological investigations.
- Admire Hitler why
- What's your most memorable black privilege moment
- Are you young at 39
- What are the national labor laws
- Is rice mast
- Asexuality is common among psychopaths
- One day gold will become worthless
- Has Superman ever killed anyone
- Why is Obama no longer the President?
- When would you give up your citizenship?
- Your name brings you bad luck
- How big is Nike
- Why is oxygen needed to burn?
- Who is the most successful person in the world
- Which universities have the best history programs
- What's wrong with this Java code 1
- What was your greatest professional achievement
- Transgender men have vaginas
- What does freedom mean to Americans
- What is the specification of the dubai mall
- How reliable is The Verge
- What cures it to suffer from alopecia barbae
- Visit Maersk Anglo Eastern
- What is your monthly electricity bill