What is double distilled water
Bi-distilled water: what is it?
The purity of distilled water is not absolute. It may still contain minimal traces of solute. The measurement of the electrical conductivity provides information about this.
Since the distillation usually takes place in glass flasks, the distilled water obtained can still dissolve small amounts of silica from the glass of the glass flask. Again, this is a minor contamination.
In a second distillation process, vessels made of quartz or platinum are used, which are resistant to the aggressive distilled water.
The resulting distillate after a further distillation is then referred to as double-distilled water.
The chemical and pharmacological nomenclature calls double-distilled water also Aqua double-distillata, or Aqua double-distilled. The term bidestillatus is also used, especially in pharmacology and medicine.
In recipes, Aqua bidestillata is usually referred to as dd. specified.
Double distilled water is used in the manufacture of certain medicines. The usual “aqua purificata”, i.e. ordinary distilled water, is often not sufficient for this due to its lower purity.
Bidestillatus is always bottled sterile in medicine and pharmacology. It can be used as an additive for the production of injection and infusion solutions (e.g. for the production of physical saline solution).
The European Pharmacopoeia always prescribes Bidestillatus for the manufacture of eye drops. It is checked not only with regard to its conductivity, which provides information about the salt content and the ion content. The absence of particles, sterility and the presence of special substances such as heavy metals are also checked.
As an alternative to production by distillation, production using reverse osmosis and ultrafiltration processes is also permitted in many countries, provided that the water then demonstrably meets the required purity and sterility.
- Savarkar is an RSS member
- Which tasks are time consuming
- How should I prepare for Symantec
- What is not an issue
- How do we start a speech?
- What is the rarest color of garnet
- How do people become non-vegetarians
- What is life like in Canadian provincial prisons
- What are 10 reasons to hate BTS
- Get Medicaid illegal aliens
- Which is the best food management software
- You can refuse a delivery
- What is a shell company
- Would beat the current She Hulk Colossus
- Why do we need a landscape architect
- Where are the Trump MAGA hats made
- Where is gold mined
- How do you prefer to buy clothes
- Why do Lithuanians see Poland negatively
- Turmeric is a nootropic
- What are criminal traffic violations
- When does my Sade Sati end
- What is a Haskins rifle
- What does the Japanese word Urusai mean