Weight loss shakes are good
Lose weight with protein powder
Protein powder for weight loss - does it work? What do the products that are praised as miracle cures? Can you lose weight quickly with such a diet?
Protein powder diets are growing in popularity. The protein supplements stimulate the metabolism and are intended to ensure that you lose weight quickly and effectively. At the same time, the muscle mass is supported by the dietary supplement, because protein is the most important substance for building muscle. Protein diets like the Dukan diet rely on eating protein-rich foods and avoiding foods that are rich in fat. The background: the body has to work hard to process protein. Calories are burned in the process - fat burning in particular should run at full speed thanks to the high protein intake and accelerate weight loss. The weight loss success with a lot of protein and little carbohydrates has been proven and is recommended by doctors and nutritionists for people who are very overweight.
The protein requirement of humans is measured according to the body weight. It is around 1 gram per kilogram of body weight. The recommended daily dose is higher in weight training. A higher amount is also recommended for older people to counteract muscle wasting. To get your daily dose of protein, you would need to eat protein-rich foods. That means: Eat a lot of meat, eggs, cheese, milk and dairy products or protein-rich vegetables - for example soy. Another option is to consume protein shakes as a source of protein.
Protein powder: pros and cons
- often very many flavors available
- can help to meet the daily protein requirement more easily
- usually contain all essential amino acids
- prepared quickly and easily
- can help you lose weight, as the feeling of satiety lasts longer
- the shakes are usually low in calories
- sometimes contain harmful sweeteners (aspartame)
- many artificial additives; they can lead to gas, stomach pain or digestive problems
- Too much protein can lead to over-acidification of the body because protein influences the acid-base balance of the body
- high costs: one kilogram of the powder costs 15 euros on average
Protein: protein powder in comparison
High protein foods often have the disadvantage that they contain a lot of fat. Examples are meat, nuts, milk (whole milk) or cheese. Protein powder, on the other hand, is basically "naturally" fat-free, but can also contain sugar, sugar substitutes and flavors. When it contains carbohydrates such as sugar, protein shakes are therefore not low in calories. In the case of varieties such as "chocolate", "banana" or "strawberry", you have to assume that numerous other substances have been mixed into the powder for good taste. So if you want to eat healthily, you shouldn't drink too much of the powder shakes.
There are also differences in the origin of the protein: there are animal and vegetable proteins. Many protein powders are made from whey, the liquid that is formed when milk curdles into curd cheese or cheese. Whey white, milk protein and soy protein are considered to be of higher quality - in other words: the body can process them better and thus also utilize the protein better. Wheat protein, on the other hand, is considered to be of lower quality. If a protein powder contains a lot of wheat protein, this will very likely also have an effect on the quality of the product.
Quality of protein powder
When buying protein powder, you should pay attention to the quality, because the products are available in different compositions and price ranges for protein. Our tips for product comparison:
- The Protein content should be over 60 percent lie.
- The generally recommended varieties include the two highest quality protein varieties, whey and casein, which are particularly rich in the mix amino acids contain. Whey proteins (including whey) should therefore always be at the top of the list of ingredients.
- High quality protein drinks are intended as part of a weight loss program Replace meal. Therefore, it should contain the essential amino acids isoleucine, valine and leucine, the value of which should be between 0 and 135. The higher the value, the better the product.
- If you drink shakes as a meal replacement, fiber, minerals, vitamins and trace elements should cover half of your daily needs.
- One thing is clear: the shakes should if possible contain little sugar (less than 5 percent), preferably no flavor enhancers or other additives - after all, we want to save calories too!
You can find detailed information about whey here: the whey diet
Where can I buy protein powder?
You can get protein powder for protein shakes or ready-mixed protein drinks in fitness and nutrition stores, in drugstores and in well-stocked grocery stores. However, you can find the largest selection online: There are numerous varieties and flavors here, depending on your needs. Click through the product range:
Protein shakes: who is protein powder right for?
If you have the goal of building muscles or reducing weight, the use of protein powder can definitely be helpful. Especially in the case of very overweight people or people with fatty liver, it makes sense to partially replace meals with protein shakes. Pay attention to the quality of the powder as well as to criteria that are important to you personally (organic, vegan) and of course your favorite flavor. A special powder for women, however, is Humbug - there are no differences between the protein powders in terms of sex. Of course, it is clear that protein shakes alone are not enough for muscle building or particularly well-defined muscles - targeted strength training is part of it.
Protein powder for weight loss
As soon as the bikini season is approaching, not only do amateur athletes fall back on protein drinks, many women also expect a few kilos less from products such as "Almased" or "Soy Shake". Basically, the shakes are also suitable to replace a meal from time to time - especially if it would normally be very high in carbohydrates or fat. However, those who do not change their eating habits altogether will fall into the yo-yo trap after stopping the protein product.
What you should know
It is important to know that protein shakes are by no means a substitute for a balanced diet. Sports scientists and the Stiftung Warentest are even of the opinion that a healthy diet makes protein drinks superfluous. Egg white or protein that we also absorb and that the body can no longer use is simply excreted again. If you are unsure whether to consume extra protein to build muscle, you can contact a sports doctor or seek advice from your gym. Even those who want to lose weight should be aware that protein shakes alone do not conjure up a bikini figure.
Good to know: The word "protein" is currently on everyone's lips and a marketing hit. But behind this is normal protein. If "protein" is written on quark, yoghurt or even luxury foods, then the food is not of higher quality - it can usually only be sold more expensive.
Uses of protein powder
If you don't feel like a classic protein shake, you can incorporate the protein powder into your diet in other ways. Give these creative uses a try:
- In the soup: Feel free to stir your protein powder into a delicious soup as an additive. Caution: some protein powders dissolve more poorly than others - try out what works and which protein powder tastes right.
- In the pudding: The protein pudding is not that different from the shake, only that it is thickened. You can do this with locust bean gum, for example. Satisfies the hunger for something sweet, tastes delicious and provides good nutritional values!
- In porridge: Do you enjoy eating oatmeal for breakfast? Convert these into protein oats - by simply adding protein powder. Depending on your taste, this can be a delicious, sweet breakfast that also provides you with a lot of protein.
- For baking: To make cookies, cakes and the like a little healthier and also to enrich them with nutrients, you can also use protein powder when baking. Let yourself be creative here! In terms of taste, whatever you like is allowed. When it comes to hearty baking recipes, it is particularly advisable to replace part of the flour with casein - the result tastes almost the same, but contains significantly more attractive nutritional values! Of course, if they bake sweet, you can also try different flavors.
Can you make protein powder yourself?
Yes, you need a high-protein base layer powder from which you will later prepare the shakes. One of the most protein-rich products is whey - however, processing it into powder is a complex process that is difficult to do privately. Good sources of protein and alternatives for more muscle are protein powder made from soy kernels, sesame seeds or whole grain rice (important) because the products are simply ground. The protein powder can then be combined with ground seeds, seeds and nuts - these contain high-quality fats that are completely utilized by the body. One also speaks of good fats. The combination is absolutely recommended for building muscle. Dextrose, for example, is suitable for something sweet.
What does protein actually do in the human body?
Protein, also known as protein, is vital for the body. Our muscles, hair, heart, brain and skin are largely made up of proteins. It is therefore important to consume protein on a daily basis.
Can too much protein be harmful?
Proteins help build muscle and help you lose weight. However, don't overdo it: too much protein can damage the kidneys in the long term. People with kidney disease should generally not consume too much protein. When protein is metabolized, the body produces ammonia, which in turn is converted into urea. The compound is transported to the kidneys via the blood and excreted in the urine. When the kidneys are weakened, the body can have conversion problems. People with a fatty liver should also be careful, because the organ also has difficulties breaking down the cytotoxic toxins - so do not put muscle building above everything; in the case of fatty liver disease, talk to your doctor.
In this case, it is better to avoid protein-heavy keto diets. The German Nutrition Society recommends 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
- Why do some people dislike Africa?
- How are marathi marriages
- How do criminals launder money
- Should we get married early or late
- Why doesn't wisdom come with age?
- Should Washington DC be renamed Nova Hierosolyma
- Introverts want to be extroverts
- Where did the splendid white race go?
- How can Superman be killed
- Is there an Ayurvedic treatment for the thyroid gland
- What are the most useful carpenter tips
- Dim sum is dairy free
- Why are the salaries of pharmacy technicians so low
- Orientation towards asexuality is genetically determined
- Why do people collect things
- Which community in India is vegetarian
- Is game testing a safe career
- What is the abbreviation for lieutenant
- How can I join the Amazon delivery service
- Is Donald Trump racist towards Indians
- Has the migrant crisis destroyed Europe
- What bad luck for you
- What about people who are crazy
- Why does multiple personality disorder occur
- Share same-sex couples clothing
- What's the problem with NDTV
- What are the physical properties of cement
- What is the time to learn to swim?
- Executive MBA programs are selective in admission
- What causes a throbbing knee
- What does Kameena mean
- What are some examples of propaganda
- Why is it great to turn 30?
- Why do some people don't have children