Where are trucks called trucks
Connected trucks. The transport of goods of the future
The Highway Pilot Connect system shows what could be possible in the future through the combination of networking and autonomous driving. It enables trucks to be electronically coupled on motorways and trunk roads, known as “platooning”.
Networked trucks in the platoon only need a distance of 15 instead of 50 meters, with the exception of entrances and exits. This significantly reduces air resistance - comparable to riding in the slipstream in cycling.
In this way, a truck platoon made up of three trucks reduces fuel consumption and CO2 emissions by around seven percent. This enables consumption values of 25 l / 100 km for a loaded tractor-trailer with a total weight of 40 tons. This corresponds to a consumption of just 0.66 l / 100 km per ton of weight or CO2 emissions of 13.3 grams per kilometer and ton of weight. That is far lower than for any car with a combustion engine.
At the same time, platooning enables more space-saving use of the road: the shorter distance between the vehicles means that a platoon of three coupled trucks is reduced to just 80 meters. In contrast, three trucks that are not electronically coupled together require a total of 150 meters of road surface.
At the same time, platooning makes road traffic safer: while the person at the wheel has a reaction time of 1.4 seconds, the Highway Pilot Connect forwards the brake signals to the vehicles behind in less than 0.1 seconds. This significantly reduced reaction time can make a significant contribution to reducing rear-end collisions.
- Why do companies steal other business ideas?
- Why do most Americans hate Canada
- Peridot is the birthstone of the months
- Why should one believe in fate?
- How does life change after entering college
- Greeks are colored people
- Software Development Company in the USA
- INFJs can sometimes be superficial
- How to develop a charismatic personality
- Why do Americans believe Canadians have accents?
- What is the history of the Jews
- Why is Xavi Grasschneider called
- Why do black people have less hair?
- What fate is worse than death
- Like life in Assam
- Are American citizens greater than Indian citizens
- How would you greet a new immigrant
- Which spices are of Indian origin
- Why did Turkey hate the Armenians?
- Are you for or against secularism?
- How pear soap brightens our skin
- Which is the best vegan submarine on the subway
- Why are diamonds so hard
- What is the sourest sweetness
- Is it possible to build a column without a foundation?
- Why was Fatima Jinnah declared a traitor?
- China is bigger than Japan
- Kills hand sanitiser viruses
- What are the advantages of used pallets
- Whatever happened to Brexit
- PayPal works fine in Japan
- What is streetwear fashion
- What is logo design
- What is precision metal embossing