Microsoft Bing dies
Microsoft Edge: Use Google as a search engine instead of Bing
Microsoft has removed all references to Google services in the Chromium-based Edge, including search, of course. Microsoft Edge searches with Bing by default, but that can be changed. I do not want to claim that the setting is "hidden" and that Microsoft may still assume a certain resolution. But that really doesn't catch the user's eye.
In the Edge settings under “Privacy and Services” you will find an option called “Address Bar” at the very bottom. Behind this is not only the setting of which search engine should be used when entering search terms in the address bar, but also the definition of the standard search engine.
Let's start with the address bar: Using the pull-down menu, you can choose between Bing, Yahoo, Google and DuckDuckGo:
One line below is the option "Manage search engines". If you've used Edge a little longer and more extensively, the list will be significantly longer, I cleaned up a bit for the screenshot. To make a search engine the default, click on the three dots at the end of the line and select the option "Set as default".
However, this setting has no effect on the "New Tab" page; Bing remains permanently set here.Discuss articles in forum (15)
- Halogens dissolve in water
- What are the safest cities in Germany
- What does bank mean?
- How do you find your dream ambition
- How does Japan promote nationalism?
- What are some types of indo western earrings
- If there is a lack of affective empathy for histrionics and borderlines
- May Koreans Pakistanis
- Should I learn SQL or Hadoop
- What race has the fastest people
- Are there objective morals
- Can feces be tested for DNA
- How are asphalt shingles made
- How is Dwyane Johnson personally
- Platinum is used to make jewelry
- Can I sell Ripple coins?
- Which programming language is completely object-oriented
- The Type 82 destroyer was a bug
- How can China's water crisis be resolved?
- Why is Mumbai called Manchester of India
- How to say crawl in Tagalog
- What is the ultimate goal of reality
- What do you think about clothing trends
- How do I learn more efficiently