What is Jaiswal Caste
Disability with Dignity: Practical Child Rehabilitation in India
For several years now, together with my wife Christin and a multi-professional team, I have been supporting the work of Bharat Pyara (Friends of India), who among other things support disabled and non-disabled orphans in Andra Pradesh. Care, food, clothing, and education give these children dignity and hope for their future. Thanks to this support, they have the chance to escape the spiral of poverty and manage their lives self-effectively. In many cases these are children from families of the casteless (dalits) or the lowest caste families.
In 2014 we paid our first visit to the orphans in the pastor's family in Andra Pradesh. During this visit we came into contact with the work of Sarah’s Covenant Home (SCH) in Ongole and Hyderabad for the benefit of abandoned disabled children http://www.schindia.com. This work was founded in 2008 by Sarah Rebbavarapu on the basis of basic Christian values. Around 150 children are currently being looked after in a small group setting. Around half - mostly younger children - are in the SCH in Hyderabad.
Support Institution Based Rehabilitation 2014-2020:
When visiting the Government Children's Orphanage in Hyderabad, we were touched by the plight of the children. Because of their handicap, these children were abandoned somewhere on the roadside, in train stations or in the trash can and were taken to this orphanage if anyone found them. For lack of staff and resources, the children lay left to themselves on the floor, stereotypically turning their heads and bodies from side to side. We were allowed to admit two children, one with severe dystrophy who suffered from symptoms of deprivation, and one child with hydrocephalus as part of a spina bifida with a shunt in need of revision and a urinary tract infection. Both received medical help and are now doing very well. They literally blossomed in the SCH.
Back in Switzerland we reported on our experiences. We were surprised by the positive response, on the one hand from the employees of the KER Center (Center for Child Neurology, Development and Rehabilitation) of the Children's Hospital in Eastern Switzerland and, on the other hand, from the employees of the neighboring institutions such as the CP School St. Gallen and the Kronbühl Foundation. As a result, we put together an interdisciplinary team of twelve people who worked in the SCH for two weeks in July 2015. As part of this interdisciplinary collaboration, each team member contributed his or her technical experience, and at the same time we expanded our horizons. The result was numerous assessments of children in the SCH with regard to support and therapy measures. Funding plans were drawn up, and simple aids (seat fittings, mobility aids) were produced. In addition, nutritional instructions for swallowing disorders, instructions for curative educational group work, storage instructions with photographs to hang up, nursing and medical recommendations were developed. In addition, simple measures such as the improvement of hygiene, protection and the training of caregivers (Ayah's) were planned, as well as the establishment of a local medical network in the relevant specialist disciplines.
- How do you say hide in Tagalog
- What is real achievement of life
- Why are independent contractors so common
- What do the Iranians think of Sweden
- What is fluid space in architecture
- Are Ducatis good motorcycles
- What motivates you 1
- What are current applications of expert systems
- How can a student find internships
- Are good researchers born or made?
- Is it snowing in Greece?
- Why is Saturday a party day
- What is knowledge but not understanding
- Why is iron galvanized
- Why is Google Chrome free
- What is a Sales Copy Writer
- What is a scalar quantity
- Europix net is a safe site
- How to Read People Effectively
- What are the types of nurses
- How does a consignment warehouse make a profit
- How do you criticize constructively
- Why does multiple personality disorder occur
- Watch an opera elite
- Is there evidence that reality exists?
- Would you rather be dumb or deaf
- What are some Lego Military building blocks
- What caused the rise of militant Islam
- The Ainu are Caucasian
- What were some popular dances in the 1920s
- Why didn't I do anything else?
- What is Barbados National Animal
- Financial interest is completely forbidden in Islam