Turmeric milk causes coughs
Turmeric allergy: Hypersensitivity to the ingredient curcumin is possible
- Life & everyday life
From: Jasmina Deshmeh
Turmeric (turmeric) is popular in Indian and Asian cuisine and is also used as a spice and medicinal plant in Europe (symbol picture). © imago images / agefotostock
Turmeric is said to have a health-promoting effect as a food and dietary supplement. However, this has not been scientifically proven. The plant can even cause problems for allergy sufferers and sensitive people.
Berlin- turmeric gives curry its characteristic yellow color and also as a powder mixed into milk ("golden milk") or as an anti-inflammatory and digestive one Food supplements Extracts from the herbaceous plant are popular. Many manufacturers refer to the millennia-old use of turmeric in traditional Chinese medicine and the medicinal plant is actually known for its positive effects on digestion. If turmeric also helps with other diseases, but has not been scientifically proven. Sensitive people should also be careful when using turmeric because the plant can be used in higher doses Gastrointestinal problems and even allergic reaction cause.
Turmeric: How Does Turmeric Work And Why?
turmeric (also called turmeric (el), saffron root (el)) belongs to the ginger family and originally comes from South Asia. The shoot (rhizome) of the herbaceous plant that grows underground is used, which looks similar to ginger, but has a strong orange-yellowish color. His digestive effect owes turmeric the essential oils and the natural dye Curcumin or its derivatives, which according to the information provided by Consumer advice center Alleviate or avoid light gas or bloating after eating.
Frequently becomes turmeric also attributed to anti-cancer, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. If you believe the recommendations of guidebooks and internet forums, curcumin should also have cholesterol-lowering, liver-protecting and antidepressant properties. The healing effect in these diseases has not yet been scientifically confirmed in humans. Laboratory tests and animal studies have shown positive effects, but they were very high turmeric dosages, that humans cannot absorb. In addition, the metabolism of humans and animals differs, which is why the study results are not simply transferred to humans, warn the consumer advocates. Human studies to the effect of turmeric are missing so far or were only carried out with a small number of participants and are therefore not representative.
Turmeric: Side effects such as gastrointestinal problems and allergies are possible
Another problem: the dye Curcumin in the turmeric is very sensitive and disintegrates right away. In addition, it is not soluble in water, which is why it is difficult for the cells to absorb it from the intestine. A large part is therefore simply excreted again. * In order to achieve an effect, one would have to turmeric in connection with fat or in very large quantities be included. Goldenseal can, however, in higher doses quite undesirable side effects have like:
- Digestive tract pain
According to the consumer advice center, they are already known at a dose of 180 milligrams of curcumin. Also allergic reactions to turmeric are possible taking in studiesCurcumin especially as Contact allergen has been confirmed. Pepper extract (piperine), which is supposed to improve the absorption of curcumin and is therefore often added to food supplements with turmeric, can trigger intolerance reactions.
The Bavarian Consumer Service therefore recommends curcumin-containing products like all dietary supplements, only in Consultation with a doctor to take. It should also be borne in mind that there may be interactions with certain drugs. Pregnant women, breastfeeding women and people with gallstones should avoid products containing curcumin entirely. *24garten.de is part of the Ippen-Digital network
This article contains only general information on the respective health topic and is therefore not intended for self-diagnosis, treatment or medication. Under no circumstances does it replace a visit to the doctor. Unfortunately, our editors are not allowed to answer individual questions about clinical pictures.
- What is the psychology of shopping malls
- What is the INR rate for Singapore dollars
- How will Brexit affect the Irish?
- How to say culture in Greek
- Can you wear bracelets to school?
- What do the Lebanese think of Iran
- Why are extroverts so annoying
- Which brand is better Fila or Nike
- Streetwear is going out of style
- Can we withdraw money from the EPF account
- Is the hindutva hindu community at risk
- NoFap cures depression
- Universal Basic Income is a new idea
- Can diagnose Reiki diseases
- What do you think of the diamond business?
- What is something legal, but morally unacceptable
- Will the Federal Reserve Ripple Adopt XRP
- Forces people to pay taxes fairly
- How do non-profit organizations receive emails
- Is Sunrisers Hyderabad a one man army
- How do you choose between love
- Would Trump's wall reduce illegal immigration?
- What is lesson about age
- How does Spain compare to Australia?
- What is the Zenefits software stack
- Therapies really cure depression
- What are some of the best documentaries
- How do you describe a restaurant
- What is it like to live in Langley
- What do Bhutans think of Mongolia?
- Manchester United has a lot of plastic fans
- Who started the Bhoodan Movement 1
- What is religious oppression
- Why do Jamaicans run fast